Monday, April 27, 2009

Two Steps Forward, and One Step Back


Some weeks peace in our home just doesn't come without a struggle, and this has been one of those weeks.  We have a hope and a dream for our boys to have a relationship of encouragement and building each other up...click on this post from my old blog to read more about that.  I know it can happen.  I know that it is worth the struggle.  I know it's what God is calling our family to.  Some days, though, I really just want to crawl onto the couch with a quilt and read a fluffy romance novel.

Instead, I kept loving, kept explaining, kept punishing, kept hugging, kept weeping, kept praying, and kept hoping...and I'm trusting that hope will not disappoint me.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

3 comments:

Melissa Milbourn said...

would you hope for our kids too :-)

Monica said...

I always tell myself that it's not about the destination, it's about the journey. It's through the daily struggles and strivings that God shapes us into that which is most lovely and usable to Him. Can't have one without the other. That's what you are teaching your children. God bless you.

Angie said...

Somewhere in those little minds...they are hearing and learning...even when you wonder if you're being heard! Your boys are super blessed! Love you...praying and believing with you!