Monday, August 31, 2020

He Will Hold Me Fast



It isn't always me holding on to Jesus.  In fact, it's usually him holding on to me.  This love he pursues me with is steadfast and sure.

Anything in me that is good is because of this love.  Certainly, I have lived through seasons of peace and joy, and, man, am I grateful for those.  I have also lived through hard seasons, filled with doubt and sadness and all of the things. I can't help being grateful for those also.  It is in those times I learn more about his strong, bold love that pursues me and holds on to me.

He held me fast...when friendships were hard and sometimes hurtful...

He held me fast...when I was so homesick I couldn't see straight...

He held me fast..when my dad died unexpectedly at the age of 49...

He held me fast...when I didn't know how to lead a group of people and felt utterly ill-equipped...

He held me fast...when we miscarried...

He held me fast...when postpartum depression nearly caved me in...

He held me fast...when the days felt so long with three little boys in my care...

He held me fast...when marriage has felt too difficult...

He held me fast...when life felt confusing and hurtful and out of sorts...

...and the list goes on...

I don't know what or where I would be if it were not for Jesus and his love.  He will, indeed, hold me fast.


No comments: