Wednesday, August 20, 2008


I really REALLY want these verses to hang in my kitchen. They give my days a perspective that I need.  Instead of scribbling them out on scratch paper and magneting them to my frig, I decided to make them pretty.  Well, now they match my kitchen quite nicely, but I can't quite bring myself to print the darn thing out.  Why?  Because I just can't convince myself that Job had red gingham and daisies in mind when he said these things.  In fact, I think if I was to decorate these verses accurately, I would surround them with yuckiness--dead people, dead animals, a man wasting away and wishing he had never been born.  That's the beauty of the words--Job said them in the midst of the yuckiness.  Here I am in the midst of red gingham and daisies, and sometimes I can't bring myself to say the words.  Maybe the yuckiness makes it easier to yearn...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I LOVE THAT VERSE!!!! I think Job had a view of God that saw past the yuck, so I'm pretty sure he'd be JUST FINE with red gingham and daisies. Accuracy only goes so far in decorating.