Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm still here!!

Simon and I are still in Cambodia hanging out with Auntie and the kids while Uncle Dave is on a motorcycle trip.  Don't go thinking I'm all noble and brave...I've been homesick for my big boys!!!  I think it's a combination of being all the way around the world without them and the fact that I had already been gone for 3 weeks, but I haven't been this homesick since college.  I was actually entertaining the thought of throwing up violently or breaking a bone so that I'd have to go home.  :)  Tim did say I could come home early (even though there's a fee!!), but there are no flights available.  Therefore, I'm going to stick it out.  I can do this.  I've given birth and climbed a dang high mountain in Mexico...this will not defeat me!!!!!  I am, however, overwhelmed by the thought of posting anything about our trip because there is SO MUCH I could say.  So, I'll get back to posting pictures and details later...tonight I'm going to follow Gretchen's lead...  By the way, I should mention that even in my homesickness, I managed to get a head massage/shampoo/cucumber facial/neck massage/haircut/french pedicure yesterday all for the total price of....$14!!!!!!!!

1.  What is your occupation right now?  wife and mama

2.  What color are your socks right now?  I haven't worn socks for 4 weeks!

3.  What are you listening to right now?  a REALLY loud dog and the hum of the computer

4.  What was the last thing you ate?  Rice and Beans with Pico de Gallo

5.  Can you drive a stick shift?  Oh yeah!! Love it!

6.  Last person you spoke to on the phone?  My loverboy

7.  Do you like the person who sent this to you?  I adore her!!!!

8.  How old are you today?  34

9.  What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?  football, but I don't do it that often

10.  What is your favorite drink?  Hard to say...McDonald's coke or mocha with carmel or iced coffee or mama's sweet tea or chocolate milk or black coffee...hmm...i guess i really like drinks!!

11.  Have you ever dyed your hair?  oh, my, yes, and i need it right now REAL BAD (imagine me saying this like Paulette on Legally Blonde 2)!!

12.  Favorite food?  almost anything I'm eating in a restaurant

13.  Last movie you watched?  Twilight, about 3 hours ago

14.  Favorite day of the year?  Christmas Eve

15.  How do you vent anger?  Talk about it, A LOT!!

16.  What was your favorite toy as a child?  Eliot, my cabbage patch kid

17.  What is your favorite season?  fall

18.  Cherries or Blueberries?  Cherry Pie, Blueberry muffins

19.  Living Arrangements?  husband, three boys, a dog, and me in a house

20.  When was the last time you cried?  on Saturday

21.  What is on the floor of your closet?  Probably nothing because I'm not there...if I was there, there would be laundry piled...yep, Tim's the neat freak, I'm the messy.

22. What did you do last night?  Had dinner at Steve and Deb's apartment above a lingerie store, then rode a tuk tuk driven by a drunk Cambodian back to our guest house (hotel), then fell asleep watching a rerun of the Golden Globe awards

23.  What are you most afraid of?  not really living

24.  Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?  Cheeseburger...what, exactly, is a spicy hamburger??

25.  Favorite dog breed?  anything that always looks like a cute puppy...otherwise, I don't really like 'em

26.  Favorite day of the week?  Thursday

27.  How many states have you lived in?  2

28.  Diamonds or pearls?  I kind of like them together.

Now, keep the fun going by putting this on your blog and leaving me a comment letting me know that you did.  

Good night...I'm off to bed!!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

3 comments:

Machelle said...

I just want you to know how much you are missed. As nice as it was to see Tim Sunday, I was really excited to see you and do some catching up. Then when he told us where you were, it was like someone let the air out of my tire :( We will just pray that you will be able to enjoy your extended visit even though you are missing home and that the rest of your visit goes by really really fast!

p.s. I know all about thinking something sounds like a really good idea and then...I have experienced some of those instances with you. (You know, like collecting 5,000 boxes of baby food!)

The Anderson's said...

Hey jen I am loving reading your blogs about your trip and I can totally relate to the homesick thing. I experience that alot. I can only imagine how much harder it is with kids. Praying for you.

Monica said...

"The other side of the world is not so far away...." Or maybe it is for a mama who needs her boys.

I'm sure you are such a blessing being there. Hang on.

No socks in three weeks? I jealous.