Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'll play with you guys...

Mama Bear declared a no-media day today.  Why, then, is Mama Bear on the computer right now?  Well, because she's the mama bear AND because she doesn't want to forget this moment.

So, I don't know about you, but at our house a no-media day (as much as I'd like to think it is) is NOT full of rainbows and butterflies where we all sit around and make crafts together and talk about how much we love each other and we wish we didn't even own a play station because this day is so fun.  Oh, no...a no-media day for us is more like a recently hospitalized heroin addict de-toxing.   I have a memory of Ezra once saying, "If I can't watch Power Rangers, I think I will die".

We believe its worth it, though, so we occasionally declare these days.  Today, I had a small glimpse of why we do it.  I heard Ezra say, "I'm going to play."  Then Simon said, "Me too".  And then, the big boy said (drum roll, please) "I'll play with you guys."  YIKES!!!  A moment of success!!!!  Yay!!!!!!

Okay, just in the time it took me to type this, they finished whatever it was they were playing and now that same big boy is in his room until he discovers a good attitude...BUT for that moment, they chose to play together and I'll take that moment.

No comments: