Friday, April 13, 2012

Every promise kept, every need You've met...

My poison ivy, although healing, is so itchy and gross and I had to make Ezra wear dirty socks today because we couldn't find a matching clean pair and I need to iron Tim's shirts but I also need to do laundry (clearly, since we couldn't find matching socks) and we have 2 or 3 projects started in the house but not finished and this morning I realized we had not paid our state taxes yet even though in my brain I was thinking it was all taken care of BUT on the way to school I put my ipod on shuffle and I heard "...May the love that caught my heart to set it free be the love that others see in me.  And may this hope that reaches to the depths of human need be the song that I sing in joy and suffering. For you are the love that never leaves, the friend that won't deceive.  You're the one sure thing...Faithful God every promise kept, every need You've met, Faithful God..."  (Laura Story's "Faithful God").  Everything around me is the same, but it all loses its significance when placed beside this truth....when I'm only looking at my issues, they seem so big, but placed beside God's faithfulness, my issues become so small.